We value the privacy of every person and are committed to safeguarding and respecting your privacy. We take the privacy of all of our customers and site visitors seriously and take great care to protect your personal information.
This policy applies to our website, application processes and procedures. The terms “we” “us”, and “our” refer to our team.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In general, we collect and process the following type of information through its websites: (1) information voluntarily provided by you in order to receive requested information and/or services, and (2) information automatically collected upon your navigation to one of its websites. (3) information about job applicants, staff, volunteers and visitors; provided by job applicants, staff members, volunteers, visitors and others.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION VIA OUR WEBSITE?
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To process a booking for one of our lessons
- Respond to your requests or inquiries
- Improve its websites and services
- To send you our newsletters or provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
- Analyze your use of this websites and perform other market research activities, such as interest-based advertising, targeted advertising, and online behavioral advertising in order to determine the content that would be of interest to you
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We keep data for the minimum amount of time necessary for it to be of use and regularly review how long we keep specific data. We keep all information upon application and while you are studying with us. We delete non essential student information after 1 year after you stop having our online lessons.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right at any time to prevent us from contacting you for marketing purposes. When we send a promotional communication to a user, the user can opt our of further promotional communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each promotional e-mail.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT
Our website contains links to and from websites operated by individuals and companies over which we have no direct control. These websites typically operate independently from our websites and if you decide to use these links, you will leave our website.
Our service providers are listed below – click to view their privacy policies:
• Google Analytics – used to analyze the usage of our website.
• Google Translate – provides a translation service to our website visitors.
• Twitter – used to offer “follow” buttons to follow The London School of English on Twitter.
• LinkedIn – used to offer “follow” buttons to follow The London School of English on LinkedIn.
• YouTube – used to embed videos on our website.
• Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
WHEN DO WE USE OR DISCLOSE INFORMATION?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties (other people):
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation to do so. This includes exchanging information with national authorities such as, but not limited to, the Police.
- to investigate or report unlawful activity, or when reasonably necessary for a specified law enforcement purpose, including the prevention or investigation of a criminal offence or seriously improper conduct, by or on behalf of a law enforcement agency
Last updated January 2021